How to Start Affiliate Marketing
How to start affiliate marketing shows you how you can make money by including affiliate links in your blog.
Find Out How To Start Affiliate Marketing With Your Blog
If you want to set up your own money making blog just click the link below.
Affiliate Marketing is getting more and more popular as people try to make money online.
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a way for you, the affiliate, to make money by earning a commission, when you recommend someone else’s product and the person purchases the product.
There are 5 basic steps to affiliate marketing.
- You find a product you want to promote
- Do a search for “product name” affiliate program.
- Sign up for their affiliate program
- You get a special link that allows the merchant to track the people who clicked your link
- If they buy the product, you get a commission.
This post will be looking at the basics so you can be in a position to make your first commission.
How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
When you find a product you want to sell, you apply for what is called an affiliate link.
This is supplied by the vendor, who is the person who is actually selling the product
The affiliate link that you are given is unique to you.
That link is tracked and any sales made by that link is assigned you you.
The link is tracked by what are known as “cookies”
When an affiliate link is clicked, a small file called a cookie is stored on the users computer. Then they buy a product, the merchant can see that they were referred by you.
The best way to sell affiliate products is on a blog.
How to Start Affiliate Marketing on Your Blog in 8 Steps:
- a Website or A Blog
- Choose an Industry, and then Niche Down
- Products in Your Niche that You Can Review
- Sign Up for the Affiliate Program
- Find affiliate programs for the other products you want to review
- Create content in the form of tutorials, review posts, resource pages or emails and use your affiliate link
- Optimise the page and track your rankings in Google
- Rinse and Repeat
If you do not have a blog at the moment and are unsure how to do it, just click the link below.
You can set up your own money making blog with no technical experience.
How Much Can You Make With A Money Making Blog?
There are no concrete figures for this.
It varies depending on several factors.
These include amongst others:
- The cost of the product that is being promoted
- The demand for the product
- Is the product relevant to your audience
- The amount of work you put in
- The type of audience you are promoting to i.e. paid or free traffic
The cheapest type of traffic is free traffic.
If you want to know how to get free traffic, just click the link below.
How to become an affiliate marketer.
For most products, the person trying to sell it will have an affiliate page.
All you have to do is go to the product page and look for an affiliate section.
This is usually at the bottom of the page.
Just click on the tab at the bottom of their page
You will be taken to the affiliate page and you will be guided through the sign up process.
From here get an affiliate link to promote the product.
Make sure that the product you are signing up to is relevant to the subject of your blog page.
Before you begin to promote the product you have to make sure you would answer yes to the following questions:
- Would YOU use the product?
- Is the buying process easy?
- Would your blog readers benefit from it?
- Is there a good affiliate commission?
Do not just stick to one offer.
Offer them other products that might enhance the first offer.
You could use the these as On Time Offers to try and increase your sales.
Do some research and make sure you have the affiliate links to your products handy.
Types of products you can promote.
There are basically three types of products.
- Physical products such as clothes or pet food.
- Digital products which can be downloaded straight to a digital device.
- Services. This could be something like a web hosting service where the customer has to pay for the time they use the service.
What Affiliate Products Should Beginners Promote?
The easiest program that has an affiliate program is Amazon Associates.
Click on the blue text to sign up for Amazon Associates.
ClickBank is also great for Affiliate Marketing. Click here to see more.
The next product would be a software product such as BlueHost.
Disclosure: I am an affiliate for Bluehost, and will receive a commission if you sign up through my referral link. This is at no additional cost to you, and you will get great pricing and a free domain name through my link.
This will give you an income every month that the person uses it.
Getting Traffic To Your Affiliate Link.
There are two mains ways of getting traffic.
- Free traffic
- Paid traffic
Paid traffic is not really suitable if you want to start affiliate marketing.
The best recommendation is that you start with FREE traffic.
To find out how to get FREE traffic just click the link below.
I hope you found How To Start Affiliate Marketing helpful.