Learn To Make Money Online With Affiliate Marketing
Welcome to Learn-To-Make-Money.com, where our goal is to help you make money online to either supplement your current income or quit your day job altogether!
Chances are that you have searched around the web looking for ways to make money and probably gotten frustrated with the hype, the double talk and the high pressure selling to get you to buy an expensive “guru” program.
You won’t find that here.
What you will find is my own journey to become a successful affiliate marketer that started over 4 years ago, lots of money spent ago, and countless hours staring at this screen and pounding on this keyboard.
I hope to show you some shortcuts to internet marketing success that will save you countless dollars and endless hours of pointless frustration.
Lesson #1 – How To Avoid Failure
I think most successful internet marketers agree about four things:
- The key that began to unlock success for them was believing they could learn affiliate marketing and succeed.
- One of the biggest stumbling blocks to success in this business that most who attempt to make money online never overcome is believing they can do it.
- Achieving success making money online has a lot more to do with taking action than it does being a genius. Quite frankly, there are some very successful people making money online that are not that bright – and they’ll be the first to admit it.
- You must focus. The longer you spend in this business the more you will see that there is always “the next (bright shiny) thing” tempting you to divert from the path you are on – which will probably lead to success if followed – by promising you more money with less work.
I could ramble on and on about these four truths. Instead lets concentrate on what TO do so you can join the 5% or so who succeed and achieve their financial goals, however large or small.
Lesson #2 – How To Achieve Success
Many years ago I made the decision to “jump start” my online career by spending several thousand dollars on a 5 day class that promised I would leave with a functional website.
In hindsight, it was a good decision because the only way for me to focus at the time was to be completely removed from my “offline” business and be sequestered away at a hotel with only one goal in mind. The bad part was, the 5 day program was overpriced and they under delivered.
In fact, the more I learn, the more I realize what the “teachers” at that class did not know. True, many were an online success. The problem is that they did not clearly understand why they had succeeded.
Tips For You To Succeed At Making Money Online
- First, stop including the word “free” in all of your searches. Free information, free WordPress themes, etc. You get what you pay for. Everyone online hopes to make some money eventually – including me. The good news is that it does not cost you more money just because someone made a commission from your purchase. I have wasted countless hours sorting through “free” information trying to find the value. If you value your time (and you should!) it is worth it to pay a few dollars to someone who offers a product that will save you time and frustration. Kind of like buying “crib notes” in school instead of reading that 1000 page book.
- Think testimonials. Instead of insisting on free, search instead for products and services that have raving reviews from real customers telling how that product or service saved them time, made them more money, etc.
- Learn to accept “good enough”. Being a perfectionist will cost you valuable opportunities. Deliver quality but forget about perfection; whether in your website design or your article writing. By the time you get it perfect it is no longer relevant.
- Take action. There is a time when you have researched enough and you just need to do something.
- Surround yourself with the right people. The biggest successes I have achieved online came as a direct result of being around the right people, primarily in online forums. Here again, forget the free part. Sure, there is value to be found at Warrior Forum, but even there they try to cajole you into joining the War Room for “the good stuff”. But you can spend a lifetime sorting through b.s. to get to the content that can change your life. The forums where I have found successful affiliate marketers who were willing to help me with sound advice and sold products that really worked, were paid forums.
Over the years I have come in contact with a lot of other internet marketers, many “gurus”, and lots of make money online products and services.
There is a common theme to all of the people, information and products with which I am most happy: I found them all as part of my membership in one premium online community whose one goal is to make a successful affiliate marketer out of each and every member.
When I decided to launch my own product which I had invented out of personal necessity, the people who helped make that product a success where the other members of that one site: Wealthy Affiliate.
Are You Ready To Make Money Online?
As long as you are able to spend time working at it consistently, affiliate marketing really does allow you to work at your own pace. But it is work, I won’t try to fool you. Anyone who promises you something else is setting you up for real disappointment.
The difference is that when you work online you are working for yourself, to make yourself rich, not your employer. For many of us, that is motivation enough.
Just like any other worthwhile endeavor, there are times when you will be discouraged, times when you don’t know what to do next. That’s why I have found it to be so important to belong to a community like Wealthy Affiliate.
We all keep each other on track.
All the best,